Thursday, August 09, 2007

4.5 at 12:58 a.m.

There really is nothing like being jolted out of a restful sleep by rumbling noises and movement. Nothing, I tell ya.

12:58 a.m. - an earthquake, measuring 4.5, had me wide awake. My first thoughts are a jumble of 'I hope it's not the BIG one', 'I hope it doesn't last long', 'Where's the cat?', 'Where's my emergency stuff' and 'Did any power go out'; 'My family...' ~ how disturbing to be so clear-minded a) at one o'clock in the morning and b) during an earthquake.

This morning's earthquake seemed to have lasted for 15-20 seconds, I guess. I really worry when the earthquake isn't a rolling one...the ones where the plates shift scare the crap out of me! What if our building is on a plate that shifts under? For the rest of the day I will be very jumpy...

So, 4.5 at 12:58 a.m. centered 4 miles north of Chatsworth, near Northridge (about 20 miles from my house).

And how was your morning, dear?

No comments: