Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"Look now, look all around..."

Duran Duran brought their "All You Need Is Now" tour to the Nokia Theatre last week (9.27.11). It was incredible! I hooked myself up with a seat in the 3rd row of the pit. Awesome!


In a bold move, the band opened with a new, slow song "Before the Rain" and it really truly worked. But, we (all 7,100 of us) were ready to get our dance on.


And, the band did not disappoint.


They launched into an extended opening of Planet Earth. Awesome!


Simon and I sing together, I get my dance on and keep my eye on John Taylor. ::shiver:: 


Simon and I hit the chorus...This is planet earth, you're looking at planet earth
Bop bop bop bop bop bop bop bop

John swings around, walks downstage, catches someone's eye and talks.

Uh...yeah...THAT WAS ME! 

Serious. The squealing girls behind me thought he knew me. I had to get confirmation from the girl next to me. "How exciting! He looked at you *and* talked to you!" Awesome!

Check the video...around 2:08 into it. Awesome!


No comments: