Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Celebrity Sightings!

I *love* L.A.! Went out to dinner Sunday night with the BFFs for Michael's birthday (Michael is the BFFBoy)...we're at Dan Tana's in WeHo at 8:30 p.m. waiting for our table to be ready...I'm hungry, which made me cranky...until I heard "Did you see Al Pacino over there?" WTF?! Al Pacino? AL PACINO?! (in my head I'm saying Al Pacino and chanting "Attica! Attica!" a la John Travolta as Tony Minero in Saturday Night Fever). Everyone turns around to look at him. I didn't. I waited until he stood up so I could him. He's a peanut! He's a little guy! But his hair is big. And, he's freakin' AL PACINO. That's huge. Huge! So, still waiting to be seated...wine is just about gone (Chianti, if you must know)...and the 73rd person bumps me on the way to the bathroom. He stops.

"Hey, did you see Sidney Poitier over there?"
"Uhh...no, only Pacino."
"Yeah, Sidney is in the other corner."

Wait. Sidney Poitier? In here over there?! WTF?! I thought Al Pacino was huge. Hell, up until Sunday night *Liza Minelli* was the biggest Star I'd encountered! But Sidney freakin Poitier?! HUGER than HUGE! First Black to win Best Actor Oscar! Amazing. Truly amazing. I was so happy to see him dining with his family. (In my head I'm yelling "They call me MISTER Tibbs!") GREAT role for him, but I loved "To Sir, With Love" and "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"

Then THAT was all washed away by the entrance of Rick & Kathy Hilton. Who?!

1 comment:

Lys said...

Go Reese! WOW! Al Pachino.. Sidney Poitier - forget the F-List Hilton crew ;) Too good of a story...