Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bah humbug!

Christmas no longer brings me joy.

There, I said it.

The sad, but true, realization hit me when I heard the first holiday song and saw the first Christmas display in October. Too soon!


By the time Thanksgiving rolled around, I was done. My family talked of trees and lights and ornaments and gifts and I sat with my arms crossed, cringing.

I feel your pain, Suri Cruise.

The 'maul', the traffic, the crowds, mean & pushy people, kids that run amok, the parents who let their kids run amok, the lines that trail down an aisle to the back of the store, the music - good grief, the music. Ugh. I can't take another Christmas song. I. Just. Can't.

The Christmas season does have a few redeeming qualities: Elf, Christmas lights display at Candy Cane Lane in Woodland Hills CA, my mom's once-a-year Dunking Platters cookies, and Peppermint Bark.

Despite my rant, I sincerely wish you a wonderful holiday season. May your days be merry and bright!



2 comments:

MRH said...

I *hate* Christmas.

I do love the music and the decorations and the lights. Oh, the lights! But I despise the materialism that surrounds it. I would rather adopt a family than give to our extended families like what we're obligated to do.

I'm much happier listening to the music and watching the movies by myself on Christmas. But please, dear God, don't make me do a family Christmas.

Reese said...

I bought small gifts for my family as well as made donations in their names to OxFam International. I'll probably do new year cards. But, honestly, I am over it.