Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Corner I've Turned

Since entering my 40s, this is the first year I have not experienced depression or anxiety or regret or had 'what-if' thoughts about my life and my future. Might seem inconsequential to you, but for me this is huge. Honestly, it's a satisfying feeling to recognize this shift. Yay me!

I'm finally looking at what I have instead of what I lack. I have trips to take! I have a list of 'things to do' that need to be moved to the 'done' column! I have concerts to see!! I have friends to meet, friends to make! I have a freaking triathlon to do! I have life to live!

Maybe I won't wake up on my birthday in Hawaii bemoaning what I have/don't have, what I've done/haven't done. But, I will wake up on my birthday, counting my blessings! (and gray hair and wrinkles - that outta keep me busy!)

No comments: