Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Idol ~ ooh whoa whoa

American Idol wasn't on last night. The much-anticipated show was replaced by some snore-fest. WTC?! These are the Top 12 guys? Mmmmkay. The first guy, let's call him Boring Guy I, usually is pretty nervous kicking off the show, so I give him some leeway. Geez, I don't even remember what he sang! Background Singer Guy, who impressed me in auditions, barely warranted a yawn from me. What did he sing? BeatBoxBoy failed to impress me, though I am eternally grateful he didn't beatbox his way through his song. Incredulously, Paula & Randy said they *missed* the beatbox thing. What. Ev. Er. "That's your thang, dawg." Ugh. Who chose these songs?! After 5 AI seasons, have these people learned nothing? Don't choose Stevie or Lutha or Whitney or Mariah or Christina unless you can sing the song better than the original!! How often does *that* get said on the show? The only singer & song I remember is SquareBeard Sundance because he wailed "Nights in White Satin" by the Moody Blues. And I only remember this because I called Dawnee wailing "Nights in freakin' White Satin?! The Moody Blues?! Are you kidding me with this?!" Nope. Sadly, so not kidding. Sundance Kid couldn't hit the notes if he was playing Whack-A-Mole at Chuck E. Cheese. The judges were right: stick to the blues that got you through the auditions, man. You kill the blues! And, you killed the Moody Blues. Make Hasselhoff Cry Guy wasn't impressive either. Too bad - I had high hopes for that one. And Randy, bless his heart, proclaimed Guy Who Missed the Birth of his Daughter to Audition as the best singer of the night. Huh? Wha'? I should have just gone to sleep and watched the highlights. Lesson learned.

I really hope the girls "bring it" tonight. I want to see a couple of 'em slap the guys around via song. I hope it isn't a night of ballads...

No comments: