Saturday, February 13, 2010

Creative Writing In-Class Assignment 02.11.10 - the Academy

For in-class writings, we have 12-15 minutes to complete a writing assignment.
02.11.10 - We were asked to write using this prompt: I'd like to thank the Academy...

I...woo!...this...I...it...woo!...you...

Woo! I'd like to thank the Academy for this prestigious honor. Who knew a story with no ending would lead to such high praise and recognition from my peers in Hollywood?

I...this...I...

I *must* thank Miss Pamelas and the group of ladies in her Creative Writing class. I...woo!...In class, I was notorious for finishing stories without endings. I was not a closer. I'd let stories trail off or end abruptly after rambling sentences. I couldn't close.

But YOU, Hollywood...woo! You embraced my style! And my movies with no ending have become the biggest franchise since Harry Potter! After my "It Was a Good Day" script was publicly trashed by the media, I had the guts to write with no ending! And I've revolutionized movies! My movies put butts in theater seats! And money in your pockets!

So, I take back that 'thank you.' And let me say this ~ You're welcome, Academy! You are welcome!

No comments: