Tuesday, July 08, 2008

...and you gotta look sharp...

The Company I work for follows a 'business casual' dress-code for employees. Working in HR, I've seen the limits of this pushed to the extreme. And now that summer is upon us, there are no limits. WTC are people thinking?!

The other day I saw a gal in the building wearing a maxi dress (long, flowy, halter style dress that has no shape), flip-flops and hair piled atop her head as if she didn't have time to slide a comb or brush through it. I was appalled!

I've seen a couple of employees wearing short-shorts. Uh...hellooo: pinstripes on short-shorts do not make them 'business' attire.

I've seen sweatpants at work. I've seen jeans with holes at work. I've seen extreme casual wear at work. And I am seriously appalled.

Most of the time, I wear jeans to work. However, the jeans I wear are not in a state of total disrepair. I take some pride in what I wear; and subscribe to the "Dress for the job you want" philosophy.

Many days I just shake my head. Some days I want to breakout the annual 'Summer dress code' memo and hand-deliver to each employee.

Sigh.

I don't get it.

*WTC = What The Crap

No comments: