Friday, July 16, 2010

NaBloPoMo 7.16

I couldn't flee the office fast enough.

It's been a hellacious few weeks. I am stressing. I am frustrated. And it shows. We lost an employee recently so her work was divided between me and our manager. Several times I've wanted to yell at employees - hey, gimme a break, will ya?! I walked around muttering "I hate people." Yeah, not so good for some who works in Human Resources. Oh well, 'human' is in the title for a reason.

On top of all that, new job responsibilities are being transitioned to me. It is quite exciting! I love that my boss and my team are giving me more exposure to the HR world. I'll be doing more project-based, deadline-driven work; employee relations & compensation stuff; and moving me back into a recruitment role - internships, more than likely. I am ready to take on this challenge. I need the change, this challenge, to shake me up.

No comments: