Tuesday, July 06, 2010

NaBloPoMo 7.6

Almost 2 years ago, I came across a message on Myspace - Beginners Creative Writing class! I clicked through to find the 8-week workshop was taught by world-renown author and groupie, Pamela Des Barres. Wanting (and perhaps needing) an adventure, I sent an email to her. "I have never written anything other than class assignments and journal entries. I enjoy writing, though...is it okay to join your group?"

It was the start of a wonderful part of my life. These writing classes have been a tremendous experience - my writing has improved, my creativity has as well, I've developed friendships with amazing, talented and inspiring women who will, undoubtedly, be part of my life forever.

Thank you, Miss Pamela, for bringing this awesome group of women together. And, thank you to Miss P and her dolls for saving me.

No comments: