Sunday, July 18, 2010

NaBloPoMo 7.18


One of the best things to do in Los Angeles is spend an evening at the Hollywood Bowl. The Bowl is a huge outdoor theater whose iconic shell stage is easily recognizable. With a season that begins in May and lasts through the summer, the Hollywood Bowl has got to be the best place to see concerts.


I became a season ticket holder in 2002 when Patrick and I bought tickets for the Wednesday night jazz series. Every other week, jazz greats graced the stage while we sipped wine and enjoyed the evening. Since then, I've kept my seats for the jazz shows. Until last year. That's when I switched over to the KCRW Sunday night concerts. Last year, Adele and Grace Jones were amongst the performers in the series and I had to go. Great move for me - I've seen some fantastic shows.


Tonight, I'm heading to the Bowl for the Swell Season, She/Him and the Bird and the Bee. I'm excited to see Bird/Bee - only having discovered them earlier this year, but too late to see them in Los Angeles. There's huge buzz surrounding She/Him as well, though I am not as familiar with them. I saw the Swell Season last year - love 'em! Hey...just realized that all 3 bands are made up of one guy and one girl...hmm...


Looking forward to another night of great music under the stars at the Hollywood Bowl :)

No comments: