Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Doctor, Doctor gimme the news

Saw my doctor yesterday. We talked about the events leading up to my high blood pressure reading the previous day - which was nothing out of the ordinary. He explained the dangers of my bp hovering in the area it measured at (heart damage) and reviewed my bp readings from past visits. While those were high, they were considerably lower. What was going on then that isn't going on now? Working out. When I was going to the gym, I was happier, I was feeling great, I had lower bp! He gave me options - none of which I was agreeable with. So, we discussed...and agreed: I have 5 weeks to get my pressure down, on the way to being under control. If in those 5 weeks, nothing changes, he's putting me on another med. Not a different medication; an additional medication! I am NOT having it.

Gym, eating better...I know it works, I know I can do it. And I have to. My life depends on it.

No comments: