Friday, March 14, 2008

Guilty of Idiocy

I couldn't find my keys this morning. Not in the 'usual' place. Hmm...

So, I do the purse dump on the floor - work keys, cell phone, random coins, ooh a ten dollar bill y'all!
But, no keys. Hmm...

So, I retrace my steps from the night before: bags from Target, mail, cell on ear, up stairs, at door, key in the...

No. No! Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease...

I open the door and ~ ta da! ~ my keys are dangling in the doorknob. My keys! My house key, my deadbolt key, my mailbox key, my car key, my car alarm thingy. All I could picture was some teenager taking my car on a joyride, emptying the tank (how very 80s teen movie of me)!

I (re)locked my front door, wondering why none of my neighbors bothered to let me know my keys were in the door, and walked downstairs, fully expecting to see space where my car should be. Sweet relief! My car *is* there, unmoved. It was about this time my insides started liquifying.

At least I know my building is safe. Well, it was safe last night.

2 comments:

Lys said...

Well, good thing is your building is safe - perhaps your neighbors should get the guilty of idiocy tag instead??

I've crashed dead asleep here and woken up only to find my front door unlocked -both deadbolt and the regular lock.

I think it's times like these where a gal must take some "me me" time and relax. You have way too much goin' on *hugz*

Rhea said...

Oh, man, that's an awful feeling. I think I've done that before...or dreamt of doing that...or something. Glad to know your building was safe...at least last night. :o)