Monday, November 17, 2008

Girl of 100 Lists ~ favorite bloggers

I read lots of blogs. I'll read something, click through to a link, read that, click back, read an interesting comment, click through to that person's blog, click back...vicious cycle that goes on and on. While I find posts that are interesting, many bloggers don't have me coming back for more. But some do.

There are a handful of blogs that I read faithfully. These folks are so hip it hurts. And I'd like to share those with you:

the slack daily by the Slackmistress ~ She is awesome! I am a huge fan of the woman and the blog. She's witty, she's got style, is a helluva writer *and* she dresses her dog for Halloween. Her posts about working at an 'agency' are too damn funny. Slackmistress makes me want to be a better writer.

betheboy by Will Betheboy ~ Will. When I'm around him, I just want to sit and listen to him talk. He's is wicked, funny and sharp. His writing is so slick, to the point. And I love all of his posts about his "smarter more attractive half!" Will makes me want to be a better writer.

communist dance party by The CDP ~ Thanks to Will for pointing me in the CDP direction. I love this dude! His essays are hilarious and smart and wicked; random topics, current events, Mixed Tape trades, even lists of the best video games and albums of all time! One could spend an entire afternoon/evening reading through the CDP archives (and this one has). But the highlight of this blog is the comments section. It's a whole community! The CDP makes me want to be a better writer.

greeblemonkey by Aimee Greeblemonkey ~ Everything from political views, monthly contests, general observations to the wonders of raising an amazing kid, this blog has it all. I love her photos, too! Greeblemonkey makes me want to be a better writer.

thirty daes - let's be honest about this by JNez ~ Unflinchingly honest and raw; unafraid to speak his mind about his life and the world around him. Posts tagged with 'cadence' are the most brutal and beautiful pieces of writing I've ever read. JNez makes me want to be a better writer.

OK, kids - hear me now, believe me later ~ put these in your RSS reader and...well...read 'em.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

the slackmistress said...

Awww, thanks! I'm delighted to be in such stellar company!

Will said...

Thank you, the feeling is 10000% mutual. Every time I see you I say to @Slackmistress, we have to see Reese more. Let's do that.

JNez said...

omg!! why am i just seeing this :-( thank you soooooooooooo much. i haven't been inspired to write in cadence for a while now but knowing that many people appreciate it makes me hope for inspiration soon. thank you! :-)

Anonymous said...

huh.. good ))