Thursday, November 13, 2008

Incident at Four Points Sheraton Northeast Philadelphia

The Incident:

I needed a shirt pressed for Lys' bday party. According to the dry cleaning form in the room, same-day service is available if items are left by 8:00 a.m., Monday-Friday. Cool. Done.

I handed the dry cleaning bag to Todd when we left for dinner Thursday night.

On Friday evening - about 6 o'clock - I stopped at the desk to pick up my shirt. The girl, Anita came back empty-handed.

We don't have it.
You're kidding me, right?
No. We don't have it.


I stand there, hands in my hair, as Anita and Todd look in the back room.

No, it's not here.

She stands, looking at me. I walk away, thoroughly pissed. In that state, I can't talk; I have to walk away. In my room, I'm pacing - is it lost? Has the dry cleaning company just not come by to drop off stuff yet? Did the dry cleaning company simply forget and they're coming back? What the hell am I going to wear to the party?! I grabbed the other dry cleaning form, reading their liability statement - something about six times the value of the service. I don't know. I went back downstairs.

At the desk, waiting to be helped, Anita says "We found your shirt - the bag fell behind boxes." She goes into the back room and presents me with a bag. The same bag in which I dropped off my shirt. It never went out! Grr!

And that was it. She said nothing. No apology. No explanation. No other options offered. Nothing. Ohhh, I was seething. Again, I just had to walk away.

Later that night, I told my tale to the manager on duty. He apologized on her behalf and offered me complimentary breakfast (which I declined).

On Saturday, I was still bothered by the incident. Well, bothered by her lack of customer service in comparison to the customer service received from the other hotel staff. Todd even approached me earlier in the day, asking if my shirt had been cleaned and offered up apologies for it not being handled. And that was a day later! Anyway, still bothered, I wrote a letter to Mike Moran, the General Manager. Not sure if he'll get it; and, if so, not sure anything will be addressed.

Overall, if you have business that takes you to Northeast Philadelphia, I cannot recommend the Four Points Sheraton. Which is really too bad. (read this post for the nice things I said about the hotel)

**UPDATE 11.13.08**

I called this morning and talked w/the new GM, Tom Murray. Apparently, Mike Moran was 'interim' GM; Tom started with the Four Points on Monday. The letter was no where to be found. Surprise, surprise. I told him what happened. He apologized (of course) and said her behavior is unacceptable. It was ironic that I called with this story because he's having a staff meeting today and it's going on his agenda; as well as talking with Anita directly. He asked me what would rectify the situation. Told him I don't want anything as it wasn't like the shirt was lost or ruined or anything; I just wanted to know that someone heard me, that the person involved would be talked to and that customer service is discussed with the staff. Done, he said. And, if I ever have the occasion to come back to the property to please call him directly and he'd help me out. Appreciated.

Sigh

1 comment:

Jessica Gottlieb said...

http://jessicagottlieb.com/2008/08/11/sheraton-lax-review/

I think the Sheraton in any state should be avoided at all costs. I called their corporate offices about the pimps, drug dealers and prostitutes in their hotel in LA and no one batted an eyelash, even after they lost my car.

Ick.