Friday, April 04, 2008

I don't need this pressure on...(update)

Y'all know I have five weeks to get my blood pressure down/under control, right? Right. This week, I started back to the gym, joining the one on the Lot because, quite frankly, it's convenient. I mean, get to my office, park, walk to the Lot, workout, shower, dress, walk back to my office. Done. Handled.

Anyway, I worked out 3 of the 5 days this week ~ yay me! I've created a pretty good routine: at the gym by 6-6:15 a.m., cardio, arms or legs, abs and back, cardio again, cool down then hit the showers at 7:30. Excellent! And I only forgot to bring shoes once.

Just took my blood pressure: down 30+ points from the ridiculously high reading last week at the ER. Nice! It's still high - I totally recognize that! - but it's coming down. Relief.

As far as food goes...sigh...I've really become conscious of sodium in food. And it blows. Things I think would be okay to eat? Yeah, not so much. It's tough; this girl loves to eat.

Well, I'm doing it. I am. I'm totally proud of myself :)

1 comment:

Lys said...

That is AWESOME Reese - and inspiring. There are sodium alternatives, right?

As for the working out, you've definately got the routine down and will keep it up. :)