Wednesday, April 23, 2008

NaBloPoMo ~ W...

What I Like About You...

A colleague waited in my office for my boss to finish a conference call. As usual, my music was...uh...loud. Today was Rocker Wednesday - Van Halen, Rush, Def Leppard and the like. He said he would never have pegged me as an 80s rocker girl. I just smiled and said "Yeah, I get that a lot." He asked what artists I had on my iPod, which lead to 20 Questions.

Four Favorite Van Halen songs:
Jamie's Cryin'
Panama (if only because a friend thought DLR was singing 'Pray to God')
Runnin' With the Devil
Hot For Teacher ('I don't feel tardy.')

Favorite Songs OF ALL TIME:
Sweet Someone - Don Ho (it's a family thing)
Cuts You Up - Peter Murphy
Is it Love? - Gang of Four
I'll Be Good to You - The Brothers Johnson
Tempted - Squeeze

Songs on iPod You're Embarrassed to Tell You Like:
No shame in this game! I have no qualms re: my musical taste.
Mmm Bop - Hanson
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
assorted Spice Girls and one hit wonders
all 3 NYSNC albums + Justin & JC's solo albums

Most Songs by one Artist?:
The English Beat - duh!
Oingo Boingo and Michael Jackson are close behind

I had several of these types of questions - including 'What's your favorite English Beat song?' which is difficult to answer - recorded: Too Nice to Talk To; live: I'll Take You There, Save it for Later and the Ranking Full Stop segue into Mirror in the Bathroom. When my boss finished her call, the colleague stood up and said 'Variety. That's what I like about you, Rissa.'

:)



No comments: