I have a plan for and vision of what my place will look like. I do not have a plan for how to get there. And it's what I need to do.
The enormity of decluttering is completely overwhelming for me. I keep saying it because it keeps being true. I've made a list of things I want/need - new bed, TV, other things. The list I really need to be making is the list of steps to get rid of the rest of the clutter.
Yeah, it's a lot of talk. There is NO WAY I'm going back to how this place was! So, I'm making a list; checking it twice.
- pare down my clothes even more
- get rid of a lot of books - ultimately getting rid of the tall bookcase
- clear out the dressers so I have space to put stuff
- clear out the closet and storage cupboards so I have space to put stuff
- goal: move clothes from the rack into closet
- make each area of my room functional
- go through the jewelry
- shoes - WTH am I going to do with them?! Where will they go?!
That's all I have down right now. I've decided to allow these emotions to roil and roll inside, dealing with them as it goes. I know I am focusing on these little things as a way to avoid what I need to do...well, avoid the overwhelming feeling associated with what I need to do. It's the little goals I set which will bring the sense of accomplishment.
And that's exactly what I am set to do!