Monday, June 30, 2008

Girl of 100 Lists ~ 7 songs (II)

In her recent blog, my girl @Moneke tagged me. And you know me ~ never back down from a tag! Funny thing is, I filched this particular meme in May and now it's back.

Instructions:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

I am so random and weird when it comes to listening to music. What I'm listening to isn't necessarily 'shaping' my spring/summer; it's just stuff that sounds good, puts me in a good mood or is seriously rockin' my world.

May I present to you, My Seven (Prince is ringing in my head: "Oh seven and we'll watch them fall..."):

"Crazy" by Ray LaMontagne ~ I am in love with this cover! Thanks to E-Rich for turning me on to this song. I've known about Ray LaMontagne for a little while...and this cover of the Gnarls Barkley hit is so powerful and poignant. (hit the 'play' button next to the song to hear it - worth it)

"I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry ~ '...the taste of her cherry chapstick...'

"Tears of a Clown" by the English Beat ~ one of my all-time favorite songs by one of my all-time favorite bands! This song is so much fun when played live :)

"Everybody Get Dangerous" by Weezer ~ I can NOT stop listening to this damn song! It's Weezer! WTH?! I know. I don't care. This song rocks my face off!

"Hypnotize" by Notorious B.I.G ~ Ever since I heard this song in PhilaPA hangin' with Rome and Lys, this song has been in my head, on my iPod, in my ears. Something so incredibly smooth about this song...and, of course, my favorite line: "Timbs to my hooligans in Brooklyn" and I don't even know why!

"At Seventeen" by Janis Ian ~ I heard this a few weeks ago on Yahoo radio. I've always been attached to this song, related to this song. I think it's incredibly heartbreaking to those of us 'lacking in the social graces' and perhaps a bit silly to those who don't. I'll admit to having this on my iPod and to sniffling a bit each and every time I hear it.

"I Will Possess Your Heart" by Death Cab For Cutie ~ is this emo? I don't even know WTF emo is! But if it's this song? Damn skippy I'm with it! This song...I don't even know what to say! I love this song! Totally on par with the She Wants Revenge song "Tear You Apart".

There ya have it!

No comments: