Thursday, June 26, 2008

NaBloPoMo ~ Home XXVI

Been looking at mattresses and beds online for over two weeks. All the description info is a foreign language - blah blah coils, yada yada foam, blah blah something something something. Light bulb finally went on: hey Einstein, can't buy a mattress online.

Stopped at Leeds Mattress on the way home tonight. Hooked up with Spencer the Salesman and dude totally took care of me!

"OK. I may be unrealistic - not sure. But, here it is: I need a mattress, box springs, bed frame, delivery, removal of my mattress & box springs, I'm a side sleeper and want to spend $800 or so. Unrealistic?"

"Not at all!"

Spencer the Salesman showed me four mattresses; I loved 2 of the 4. He shows me the differences in each mattress, explains the coils and foam and something something something. Ever the dutiful customer, I nod and say "Mm hmm" at strategic points in his conversation.

He shuffles off to his computer, tap tap tap, laughs and comes back.

"I can do that one for $785. I can do this one for $1,000 out the door."
"Shut up."
"$1,000.00 done."
"Mattress. Box springs. Bed frame. Delivery. Set-up. Removal of my mattress and box springs. $1,000.00."
"Yes."
"Done." Yay!

It'll take a couple of days for it to be brought from the warehouse ("There won't be any snakes in the box springs or mattress will there?" He laughed. I was serious.) and delivery could be made for the 4th o'July weekend. But, I'll be in Santa Barbara at a wedding. So, delivery is scheduled for Tuesday, July 8. Yay!

I already have brand new sheets.

And I'm ready to break it in.

Yay!

1 comment:

outsider said...

("There won't be any snakes in the box springs or mattress will there?" He laughed. I was serious.)

LOL! Your a riot girl!