Friday, November 23, 2007

11/23

Today is my sister's birthday. This is a collection of my favorite memories...

* my favorite story is when my sister "lost" me in Sears. I was a toddler, my sister in charge of me while my parents shopped for whatever they shopped for. Somehow, according to my sister, I 'wandered' off. Truth be told, I think she tried to ditch me. She was looking at clothes when my parents approached, asking where I was. There was panic, the salespeople were stationed in front of the doors, everybody else walked the aisles in search of me. Much to my sister's chagrin, I was found in the greeting cards section, sitting on the floor, cards set-up around me, telling stories to the animals on the cards. I cried when the manager took me away. My sister cried, too. For a different reason.

* my sister taught me how to cha cha in the middle of the department store, The Broadway, at the Tyler Mall.

* when someone is getting on our nerves, we refer to said person by name followed by "Bless his/her heart" - that way we know a goooood story is coming!

* when shopping for music, my sister has to sing each song on whatever CD she picks up, usually followed by 'ooh that's my jam'

My sister is the keeper of my secrets, an amazing mother, a humanitarian with a beautiful heart and one of my most favorite people in the world.

They say you can't pick your family. I say, I would pick her every time.

Happy Birthday, Rome!

No comments: